If cricket is a religion Sachin is the God.
It’s been 2,961 matches and 39 years when the first ODI was played. On 24th February 2010, Sachin Tendulkar broke the barrier of 200 runs in ODI, set one more standard.
Every Indian believes in him and his skills, no matter in what situation the team is, if Sachin has always been people’s hope and many of the times Master Blaster have proved that.
If you think this all Sachin thing is a Hype, my suggestion is BELIEVE the HYPE…
Most – Sachin Tendulkar:
- Most Test centuries: 47
- Most ODI centuries: 46
- Most ODI Fifties: 93
- Most Matches Played: 442
- Most Inning Appearances: 431
- Most number of Test Matches for India: 166
- Most run scored in the history of Test cricket with 13447 Test runs.
- Most Runs in an ODI Innings: 200 runs (147ball 25×4 3×6) in an ODI against South Africa.
- Most 4’s in ODI: 25 against South Africa. (Century through 4’s)
- Most Runs: 17,598 Runs at the rate of 45.12 runs (as of 25 February 2010).
- Most individual runs ever scored by a batsmen in an ODI (200* against South Africa at Gwalior in 2010).
- Most centuries against an opponent – 9 vs. Australia.
- Most centuries vs. Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Pakistan.
- Most centuries in Final Matches 6 (India Win All Matches)
- Most centuries against One Team – Australia 19 (10 test+9 ODI)
- Most number of 50+ scores in ODIs – 139 (46 Centuries and 93 Fifties)
- Most number of 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year: Seven times – 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007
- Most Fifties in World Cup Matches : 13
- Most number of Man of the Match Awards : 61
- Most number of Man of the Series Awards: 15
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year: 1,894 ODI (1998).
- Most centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries (1998).
- Most centuries in international cricket: 93 centuries (47 in Tests, 46 in ODIs).
- Most runs by any player in a single Cricket World Cup – 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup
- Most overall runs in international cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s): 30,000+
- Most overall runs in international cricket (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s): 30,000+ (13447 in Tests, 17,598 in ODIs).
- Most number of times getting out at 90s(90-99 score): 17
The only player – Sachin Tendulkar:
- The only player ever to cross the 14,000-15,000-16,000 and 17,000 run marks.
- The only player ever to score 200 runs in an ODI
- The only player to score 5 times 150+ (186*, 152, 163, 175 and 200*) scores in ODI cricket.
- The only batsman to score over 3000 runs against any opponent (Against both Australia & Sri Lanka).
- The only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs.
- The only player with 5 centuries before age of 20.
- First and Fastest batsman – Sachin Tendulkar:
- First player to reach 12,000-13,000 Test runs.
- First Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark.
- First batsman in the planet to score a double century in a One Day International.
- First batsman to reach 10,000-11,000-12,000-13,000-14,000-15,000, 16,000 and 17,000 ODI runs.
- First batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket.
- First batsman in history to complete the 30,000 runs in (ODIs+Tests) or (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s).
- Fastest batsman to reach 10,000 runs in ODI (259 innings)
- Fastest batsman to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history in 195 innings (Brian Lara holds the same record).
Misc – Sachin Tendulkar:
- Highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side: 217 (Against NZ in 1999/00 Season)
- Scored centuries against all Test playing nations.
- Scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
- The highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs.
- On his Test debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the third youngest debutant (16y 205d).
Records in Partnerships – Sachin Tendulkar:
- The maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership (with Sourav Ganguly). They’ve put togather 6,271 runs in 128 matches that includes 20 century partnerships and 21 fifty run partnerships.
- The highest partnership in ODI matches (with Rahul Dravid) hold the world record for (331 runs against New Zealand in 1999 at the LBS, Hyderabad)
- Most runs in World Cup Cricket History (1,796 with 4 centuries & 13 fifties at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
- Record of getting out the maximum number of times in the 90s in international matches: 24 times (17 in ODIs and 7 in Tests)
And no… this is not the end… much more is there and much more will come…
Sachin is the Greatest batsman of all time…
Sachin defines the standards and I wish he should keep doing it, on and on and on… 🙂
(as of 24th Feb 2010)
Sources: GK, google & wikipedia