Tag Archives: bug

31 Dec

MariaDB slave restore using GTID & xtrabackup bug

Recently I happen to work for a MySQL database restore, a pretty exciting task for DBA :P

Well, backup server was already configured with Holland (backup framework) & Xtrabackup (Percona’s backup tool) which made our lives easier with steps to restore.

Extracted backup command from backup server’s holland.log:

/usr/bin/innobackupex-1.5.1 --defaults-file=/mysql_backups/xtrabackup/20141219_013002/my.cnf --stream=tar --tmpdir=/mysql_backups/xtrabackup/20141219_013002 --slave-info --no-timestamp /mysql_backups/xtrabackup/20141219_013002 > /mysql_backups/xtrabackup/20141219_013002/backup.tar.gz 2 > /mysql_backups/xtrabackup/20141219_013002/xtrabackup.log

Continue Reading…

27 May

xtrabackup_51: not found & no ‘mysqld’ group in MySQL options

Recently I happen to setup a new MySQL instance with my tools – a standard MySQL 5.1+, xtrabackup setup and last-hotbackup.tar.gz.

To restore from the backup we used xtrabackup binaries and ran into issues following standard commands (assuming no changes):

To prepare the backup I used apply-log as follows:

$] innobackupex-1.5.1 --defaults-file=/usr/local/mysql/data/backup-my.cnf --apply-log  /usr/local/mysql/data --ibbackup xtrabackup_51

Continue Reading…

-- Kedar Vaijanapurkar --