In this post we’ll see some facepalm moments during MySQL database restore from Percona Xtrabackup. I think: “To mistake is Homo-sapiens, to learn from them is Homo-sapiens-sapiens.”
A typical way to restore MySQL backup from Xtrabackup involves following steps:
– Ship or stream backup to destination.
– Perform extraction of the compressed database backup.
– Perform apply-log step to prepare the backup.
– Bring up MySQL.
– Configure replication (if that’s required).
We have a lot of documentation & blogs explaining that, but let’s see how our MySQL DBA enjoyed the facepalm moments.
1) A quick MySQL backup restore.
Scenario: Our DBA received an urgent request, need to